Our past grounds us. Our present transforms us. Our future inspires us.
For 150 years
St. Vincent Charity Medical Center has remained a pillar of our community, providing quality healthcare and remaining true to our founding mission. Today, we embark on a new renaissance, to match that of our great city. Taking care beyond medicine. Helping families find strength. Making a difference for Cleveland. For one another. For all.Donate Now
From giving hearts to loving hands
Every day is a giving day for the caregivers and volunteers at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center.
Our place in Cleveland and our mission as a Catholic hospital demands more of us than other healthcare institutions in this city. We have embraced a special calling to serve the poor who walk through our doors and the unmet needs of our community.
Your gifts, no matter the amount, save and change lives for the better, help families find strength and comfort when they are most vulnerable, and allow those in the grasp of addiction to find freedom and support.
Your generosity ensures that Cleveland maintains its downtown hospital, a treasured asset in the healthcare industry, one of this city's renowned economic drivers.
Your support affirms your belief in the role that faith-based care has for all patients, regardless of religion and ability to pay.
Read more about the patients impacted by your gifts on our blog, Radiant.
Meeting All Kinds of Needs
Impoverished, sick and vulnerable people count on St. Vincent Charity Medical Center for life-transforming services every day. Our mission is to serve as an extension of the healing ministry of Jesus. Your support of our mission will heal individuals, families and communities. For real-life examples of how your help can make a difference in someone’s life, read below.
Commitment to Caring
St. Vincent Charity Medical Center has been caring for people for more than 150 years, regardless of their ability to pay for that care. Philanthropic support from the community helps to provide nearly $13.6 million annually in community benefit through:
- Free and discounted care to those unable to afford health care
- Care to low-income beneficiaries of Medicaid and other indigent care programs
- Services designed to improve community health and increase access to health care
Excellence and Value
St. Vincent Charity Medical Center prides itself on combining clinical excellence with human compassion for all our patients. Our size gives us the freedom to provide that personal care at a lower cost. But our resources are stretched, particularly at a time when so many individuals are in need of care. Your support can make a tremendous difference in our ability to fulfill our mission.
Thank you for your interest in our work.
With your help, we can carry on our faith-based legacy of high quality, compassionate care for all of God’s people for another 150 years.
Donors who make gifts at an annual level of $1,000 or more earn membership in St. Vincent Charity’s Augustine Society. We are grateful to the Founding Members of the Augustine Society for their generous support:
|Circle of Charity||$1000-$2,499|
|Circle of Caring||$2,500-$4999|
|Circle of Devotion||$5,000-$9,999|
|Circle of Grace||$10,000-$24,999|
|Circle of Compassion||$25,000-$99,999|
|Circle of Dedication||$100,000 and above|
For more information about Augustine Society Membership and its benefits, please contact St. Vincent Charity Development Foundation at 216.875.4624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About St. Vincent Charity Development Foundation
St. Vincent Charity Development Foundation began its fundraising efforts in January 2011. It is a tax-exempt supporting organization with the sole purpose of cultivating and stewarding philanthropic support to St. Vincent Charity Medical Center. Members of our Board of Directors are committed advocates and ambassadors for St. Vincent Charity’s mission of compassionate, whole-person care.
- Timothy O'Callahan, Chief Development Officer
- Emily Woods, Associate Director of Annual Fund, Special Events and Donor Relations | 216.875.4624
- Laura Fegan, Manager, Director of Foundations and Corporate Relations
Board of Directors
- John Bastulli, M.D., Chief of the Division of Anesthesia, Physician Director of External Affairs, St. Vincent Charity Medical Center
- Jack Bedell, Vice President & General Manager, International STERIS Corporation
- Brent M. Buckley, Managing Partner, Buckley King
- Richard Chmielewski, MD, St. Vincent Charity Medical Center
- Anthony Coyne, Mansour Gavin
- Alejandro Diaz, Eaton Corporation
- Michael Frantz, Partner, Frantz Ward LLP
- Sr. Joan Gallagher, CSA, Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine
- Gary Isakov, BDO USA, LLP
- James Kavalec, Alliance Bernstein
- Timothy Panzica, IQ Advisors LLC
- David F. Perse, M.D., President and CEO, St. Vincent Charity Medical Center
- William Plato, Retired
- Melvin Pye, Fairfax Place
- Melissa Rogers, Sisters of Charity Health System
- Thomas J. Strauss, President & CEO, Sisters of Charity Health System
- Mary Lou Stricklin, The Arts for Healing
- Rosemary Sweeney, Administrative Partner, Buckley King
- Robert Varley, Retired
- Jeffery Weaver, KeyBank
- Margaret Wong, J.D., Principal, Margaret Wong & Associates Co., L.P.A.
March 9, 2015
Fundraising efforts redesigned to gear up for 150th anniversary and beyond ...continue readingRead More
October 29, 2014
Dr. David Perse officially launches the 150th anniversary year with a bang! ...continue readingRead More
September 16, 2014
This has been a very busy year for St. Vincent Charity Medical Center and we are pleased to share some exciting developments that have taken place in the past few months. ...continue readingRead More
May 23, 2014
New video introduces #STV150 campaign to celebrate the 150th anniversary ...continue readingRead More