Careers & Volunteers
Why St. Vincent Charity?
As Cleveland’s faith-based, high-quality health care provider, St. Vincent Charity is an organization at which you can enrich your career in a diverse, dynamic and clinically outstanding environment.
Our mission and core values, and our code of conduct and ethics guide our behavior and every aspect of our employment at St. Vincent Charity. As we strive to meet all applicable rules, compliance standards and regulatory requirements, our prime motivation is to carry on the healing ministry of Jesus. Our faith-based mission and core values set the context and culture for St. Vincent Charity.
We’re centrally located just off I-90 and I-77 at East 22nd Street in downtown Cleveland’s Campus District, home also to Cleveland State University and Cuyahoga Community College.
Faithful to the philosophy and heritage of the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, the St. Vincent Charity family is committed to the healing mission of Jesus. As caregivers, we serve with:
- Our deep respect for the dignity and value of all persons
- Our practice of quality care
- Our dedication to the poor
- Our commitment to education
St. Vincent Charity provides for the ever-changing health care needs of a diverse population. It is a model in Northeast Ohio for a Catholic, mission-driven, community-centered, and urban health care delivery system. Our commitment to the community can be witnessed by the availability, accessibility, quality and cost of all services provided through our team of physicians, caregivers and volunteers.
- Respect: We serve in an atmosphere of mutual respect and fairness, treating each person with reverence and dignity that recognizes each individual’s contribution.
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable for our actions and are honest and ethical in all our dealings.
- Quality: We are committed to continuous improvement of our services to better each life as if it were our own.
- Team Work: We celebrate the opportunity to come together as Caregivers in an inclusive workplace where diversity and open communication are valued.
Our Commitment to Serve
As a caregiver with St. Vincent Charity Medical Center, we pledge to be:
- Caring and compassionate
- Professional in performance, appearance and behavior
- Considerate and effective communicators
- Concerned and involved in the communities we serve
- Reverent and respectful of human life
We Are All Caregivers.
No matter what your position, at St. Vincent Charity all of our employees are known as caregivers. This reflects our belief that everyone is involved in the healing process.
Our Code of Conduct and Ethical Behavior
As faith-based health care providers, we are committed to quality, compassionate care in a manner consistent with the healing tradition of the Catholic Church, the mission of the Sisters of Charity Health System, the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Healthcare Services, and the mission of St. Vincent Charity Community Health Center. We endeavor to act with integrity and honesty in all our relationships with patients, families, medical and professional staff, business associates and fellow caregivers.
Our Code of Conduct and Ethical Behavior serves as a guideline for ethical and compliant behavior based on the values of:
- Respect and dignity for the individual
- Holistic care, including spiritual needs
- Responsible stewardship
- Care for the poor and vulnerable
- Concern for the community
- Actions on behalf of justice
- Promotion of the common good
We must demonstrate our commitment to these values in a consistent manner both in spirit and in action.
Our Commitment to Diversity
St. Vincent Charity values and promotes diversity. Diversity refers to human differences, including those based on race, culture, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation and religious beliefs that exist in the workforce. St. Vincent Charity is committed to enhancing our diversity and demonstrating that commitment to our caregivers, physicians, customers and the community at large.
St. Vincent Charity believes that promoting diversity plays an important role in:
- Attracting the widest pool of qualified applicants and caregivers
- Fostering greater innovation and creativity
- Enhancing our communication and relationships with patients and the community
- Building patient loyalty
- Helping us to appreciate, understand and respect our coworkers
St. Vincent Charity promotes diversity by developing policies, programs, and procedures that promote a work environment in which differences are respected, caregivers are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. Specifically, our diversity initiatives include:
- Maintaining a zero tolerance policy on discriminatory remarks and behavior
- Orienting all new caregivers on the importance and benefits of diversity
- Maintaining an active diversity committee (including a member of senior management)
- Dedicated to providing ongoing activities that promote and highlight diversity
- Promoting cultural awareness
Diversity is one of St. Vincent Charity’s greatest strengths. We urge all caregivers to make an individual commitment to this policy.
St. Vincent Charity offers its full and part-time caregivers a competitive compensation and benefit package, which includes:
- Life insurance (dependent life)
- Long and short term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Tuition assistance
- Retirement plan (401K and 403B)
- Identity protection
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent Charity is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities and/or employment decisions on the basis of one’s race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability or military status. This policy shall include, but is not limited to the following areas: work assignments, employment, placement, promotion, demotion, transfer, recruitment, referrals, layoff, recall, termination, training, educational and/or training assistance, wages, and other forms of compensation or job requirements.
A Tobacco-Free Workplace
In an effort to promote a healthy work environment and the overall health of our caregivers, St. Vincent Charity enforces a smoke free campus. In addition, St. Vincent Charity does not hire those who use tobacco products (i.e., cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, pipes and chewing tobacco). To ensure compliance, all prospective caregivers are required to submit to nicotine testing as part of our pre-employment process. Those testing positive will be disqualified for employment.
Contact Human Resources
Location: The human resources department is located on the sixth floor of the West Building on St. Vincent Charity's main campus.
Hours of Service: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Main Phone: 216-592-2878
Contact: Kelly Konicek, benefits manager, email@example.com