Diabetes Education provides self-management skills and knowledge to reach blood glucose control. Education will include:
- Meal planning with foods you like
- Making sense of blood glucose (sugar) numbers
- Understanding medicines
- Learning the benefits of exercise
- Managing and preventing complications
- And living well with diabetes
To make an appointment, call 216-363-2732.
Diabetes self-management education & support (DSME)
The Diabetes Education Program at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association for Quality Self-Management Education and Support*. Certified Diabetes Educators provide training in all self-care activities including monitoring, meal planning, understanding medicines, exercise, complications and behavioral change support.
- Medicare/medicaid/most commercial plans cover DSME up to 10 hours in the first year and up to 2 hours in subsequent years.
- 1-on-1 and group education sessions available
- Blood glucose monitoring instructions
- Insulin or other injectable medicine instruction with a doctor prescription
- Continuous glucose monitor training
- Diabetes support group
Diabetes medical nutrition therapy (MNT)Individual and group appointments with a Registered Dietitian for meal planning, carbohydrate counting and behavioral change support
- Medicare/Medicaid/most commercial plans cover MNT up to 3 hours in the first year and up to 2 hours in subsequent years
We are located in the Medical Office Building Across the street from St. Vincent Charity Medical Center.
To make an appointment, call 216.363.2732.