The health of the U.S. economy depends on a healthy and productive workforce, yet U.S. Department of Labor surveys estimate 4.4 million work-related injuries and illnesses occur at a cost of $49 billion each year.
St. Vincent Charity Medical Center Occupational Health offers a seamless, integrated approach that provides maximum effectiveness in the treatment and management of work-related injuries.
This model combines the responsiveness of an independent occupational health center with the full resources of a hospital. Benefits to employers include:
- Work status and care plans immediately available to employers and managed care companies.
- Physicians employ modified-duty and early return-to-work protocols to reduce lost-time days.
- In most cases, employees return to work same day.
- 92% of visits result in non-prescriptive therapy
- OSHA record-ability is a high priority of our staff
Vocational Rehabilitation: A Return-to-Work Model
Aggressive rehabilitation accelerates recovery, reduces time away from work and leads to increased productivity. By employing job-specific therapies, our licensed physical and occupational therapists provide treatment throughout every stage of the recovery process, focused on returning employees to full-duty status.
St. Vincent Charity Medical Center Occupational Health provides the following:
- Treatment plans which incorporate exercises that simulate essential job functions
- Early return to full-duty status when employee demonstrates the ability to safely perform their original job
- Fully equipped rehabilitation center, including the BTE Work Simulator, a device capable of duplicating virtually any job-related task
- Patient instruction on proper body mechanics to promote a safer workplace
Hospital Network Support
St. Vincent Charity Medical Center maintains an integrated medical management approach that extends the occupational health model to its emergency department. This seamless integration promotes a full continuum of care and the assurance that each case is efficiently managed. This framework continues to be a tremendous success.
To learn more about Occupational Health at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center, call Kari Duff at 216-316-9298.