Comprehensive medical and surgical services for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of heart and vascular diseases and conditions, including diagnostic testing, cardiac catheterization, open-heart surgery, vascular medicine and surgery, peripheral procedures and cardiac rehabilitation are available in our state-of-the-art cath lab.
Using Phillips 3-D technology, our team is better able to diagnose and treat patients quickly and effectively. Currently, we have the capability of performing the following procedures:
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Percutaneous Coronary Interventions
- Peripheral Angiograms
- Peripheral Interventions
- Rotational Atherectomy
- Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Intra-aortic Balloon Pump insertion (IABP)
- Permanent Pacemaker implant (PPM)
- Automated Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators (AICD)
- Electrophysiology studies (EPS)
- Temporary pacemaker insertions (TPM)
The staff is made up of a combined group of Registered Nurses (RNs), a Radiologic Technician (RT), a cardiac technician, a department secretary, and a manager. The cath lab staff is on-call 24/7 and works in collaboration with the cardiologists and the Emergency Department to expedite emergency procedures to strive for optimal outcomes for patients requiring emergent services.