The Cardiac Rehabilitation program at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center is designed to help people with cardiac conditions, coronary artery disease or recent heart attacks recover quickly and achieve optimal levels of physical, mental and social functioning. Structured exercise programs are customized to meet each person's needs and exercise goals. A comprehensive education component covers all the risk factors for heart disease and aspects of disease management. A doctor's prescription is required for cardiac rehabilitation. Our staff will work with you and your doctor to determine a program for your needs.
Cardiac rehabilitation is recommended if your medical history includes:
- Heart attack
- Angioplasty or stent procedure
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Heart valve surgery
- Heart transplant surgery
- Chronic chest pain (angina)
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Risk factors for coronary artery disease
Our experienced and professional staff offers medically supervised exercise and educational sessions.
- Phase I
- occurs during inpatient post cardiac event
- Phase II
- supervised and cardiac-monitored exercise after discharge from Phase I
- Phase III
- independent maintenance phase toward continuous lifestyle change; after completion of Phase II (not covered by insurance)
A doctor's prescription is required for participation in cardiac rehabilitation. Our dedicated staff will work with you and your doctor to determine a program that best fits your needs.
Joining our cardiac rehab program will help gain many benefits.
- Reduce the incidence of another cardiac event
- Reduce cardiovascular symptoms
- Improve cardiovascular risk factors (blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol)
- Improve health-related quality of life
- Reduce hospitalizations and medical costs
For more information, please contact the cardiac rehab staff at (216) 363-2693.