Quality of life is highest at home and we know that’s where you want to be.
That’s why St. Vincent Charity Home Care is here to help you regain lifestyle choices within the familiar surroundings of home. Our skilled therapists and nurses provide the highest quality clinical care along with motivation, encouragement and health education.
Health Coach at Home
We employ a unique model called Health Coaching which focuses on your health issues and goals. Our Health Coach at Home model empowers you to make healthy lifestyle changes. Health coaches emphasize the importance of managing the whole person. As a team, we help patients:
- Understand their diagnosis
- Identify obstacles to change
- Become motivated to actively manage their health
- Implement new lifestyle choices
- Learn self-care skills
- Be inspired to adhere to treatment plans
From pre-discharge consultation to creating a comprehensive health care plan for your unique situation, we listen to you and your family. We work with your physicians to help you regain your independence and quality of life at home. We offer:
- Skilled nursing
- Skilled physical therapy
- Skilled speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Medical social work
- Home health aide
All clinicians and aides are bonded and insured.
For more information, call 440-250-8888.
In-Home Specialty Programs
- The Bladder Health Program
- is supervised by a nurse practitioner specialized in geriatric bladder health and treatments including assessment, therapies, exercises and training that support healthy lifestyle changes.
- The Medication Compliance and Education Program
- employs our unique Health Coach at Home goal orientation techniques to clarify and educate patients on their medications. We teach them when, why and how medications should be taken.
- The Memory Care Program
- team uses a special blend of compassion, care and training to work with clients who face the challenges of cognitive and memory deficits. Our team of clinicians works with patients and their loved ones to build effective communication methods and formulate strategies and interventions for memory recall.
- The Rehab Home Program
- is an innovative rehabilitation program for people recovering from orthopedic injuries as well as hip, knee or shoulder joint replacements. Our therapists work with their patients in the comfort of their own home to help them regain strength and mobility.
- The Sight Assist Program
- was developed by clinicians to help patients with low vision improve their ability to function independently and safely at home. Our therapists are specially trained and certified to assess safety and needs due to low vision issues.
- The Swallowing Program
- employs a dedicated team of Speech Language Pathologists who are skilled at identifying swallowing issues and creating a therapeutic program to improve the ability to swallow safely.
- The Wound Care Program
- utilizes state-of-the-art wound care technology which allows physicians to monitor their homebound patients’ wound status. Our Wound Care Consultant works with a skilled nursing team to provide the latest in wound healing techniques and care. Physicians can monitor wound progress by comparing weekly wound measurements as well as other vital reports regarding patient progress 24/7 via HIPAA Compliant secure website.
Chronic Disease Programs
- The COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) Management
- targets education, treatments and lifestyle changes that can help patients with chronic bronchitis, emphysema, chronic asthma, lung cancer, pneumonia, tuberculosis and other lung diseases.
- The Diabetes Management Program
- focuses on controlling diabetes through education, proactive diet, exercise and medication therapies. Our specialists assist patients in making long-term changes to improve their quality of life.
- The Heart Failure Management Program
- provides critical medical care while emphasizing education, medication management, diet and activity guidelines and self-monitoring of the disease.
St. Vincent Charity Home Care offers in-home or in-facility Fall Risk Screenings. Our clinical team assists patients in regaining their strength and mobility to keep them safe and independent in their own home.