What is HEALTHeChart?
HEALTHeChart is a secure online health management tool that connects St. Vincent Charity Medical Center patients to portions of their personalized health information. This portal allows you to:
- Review information about your past inpatient hospital stays
- Manage your appointment requests
- View your health summary, list of medications and test results as released by your physician
How do I know the patient portal secure?
HEALTHeChart is protected through an SSL certificate, which means that all of your information is secure and only accessible to you.
Do I need any special computer equipment to use HEALTHeChart?
No. All you need is access to a computer, an email account and an Internet connection.
How do I sign up for HEALTHeChart?
There are two convenient ways to establish your personal HEALTHeChart account:
- At the time of discharge from the hospital, ask your patient service representative to guide you through as you undertake the HEALTHeChart registration process.
- Visit stvincentcharity.com and click the HEALTHeChart link on the homepage. Complete the online sign-up form by entering the requested information. (Please note that the information you provide is confidential and it will be processed through our secure website.) Your request will be reviewed and your information verified; then a special, one-time-use HealtheChart activation code will be emailed to your personal email account. Once you receive your one-time-use activation code, please use it immediately.
Can I access HEALTHeChart on behalf of someone else?
Yes you can. HealtheChart gives parents or legal guardians of minor children (age 18 years and younger) access to portions of your child's medical records.
HealtheChart can also be used by legal guardians or caregivers with Durable Power of Attorney for healthcare of dependent adults to access portions of the medical record of your loved ones. With HealtheChart you will have the same convenient, 24-hour online access to information and services for your dependent loved one as you enjoy with your own HealtheChart account. For more information about HealtheChart or to sign up, please contact Medical Records: 216-363-7483.
How can I begin using my own personal HEALTHeChart account?
You may establish your personal HEALTHeChart via stvincentcharity.com or with the guidance of a St. Vincent Charity patient representative at the time of discharge from an inpatient hospital stay.
Can I email my St. Vincent Charity Medical Center physician through HEALTHeChart?
No. HEALTHeChart is not an email system and we do not recommend sending any confidential information through standard Internet email. When you activate your personal HEALTHeChart account, you will be asked to provide your email address so that you can receive email notification to log on to your secure HEALTHeChart account.
Does every St. Vincent Charity Medical Center patient automatically have access to HEALTHeChart?
Yes. We strongly encourage you to sign up for HEALTHeChart access so that you may benefit from its many convenient uses. We respect your personal preference and we do not require anyone to become a member of the HEALTHeChart community.
Is there a monthly charge for HEALTHeChart?
There is no charge. HEALTHeChart is offered complimentary to St. Vincent Charity Medical Center patients.
If you are experiencing an urgent health-related problem, do not attempt to use HEALTHeChart to communicate with your St. Vincent Charity Medical Center health care team. Please call 911 or your doctor's office immediately.