2013 Essay Contest Topic: Creating a Healthy Cleveland
The Saint Luke Internal Medicine Foundation will sponsor an essay contest for high school students enrolled in Cleveland public high schools. The essay will focus on specific issues that can be addressed to make the citizens of Cleveland healthier.
Describe a health problem affecting the citizens of Cleveland. Explain how this impacts the overall health of the city and how you would solve the problem.
Your essay must not exceed 750 words.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three student entries and designated to their college or continuing education institution of choice:
First Prize: $5,000
Second Prize: $3,000
Third Prize: $1,000
Prize-winning essays will be featured on website of St. Vincent Charity Medical Center and the top selections will be published on cleveland.com.
- DEADLINE: All essays must be typewritten and submitted online by Monday, November 18, 2013, 5 p.m. EST
- Submissions must be from students enrolled in a public high school in the city of Cleveland
- Entries must be in English and typed in at least 11-point font and double-spaced.
- Essays must not exceed 750 words.
- Document should be written in Microsoft Word, Text or PDF.
- Do NOT put your name on your essay. You will be prompted to enter your name on the registration form once you click SUBMIT ESSAY button.
- Document must be formatted before submitting online. Once you submit your essay, you will not be able to edit.
- Essays submitted for consideration must be original work and must be prepared by one author only. Submission grants permission for winning essays to be posted online and in print.
- Only ONE submission per person.
- Entrants will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submission
*Failure to follow any of these rules may lead to disqualification from the contest.