CARITAS 2017 RECAP
Our 2017 CARITAS event took place Friday, October 13, 2017, at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland. We extend our sincere thanks to all of our sponsors, honorees, entertainers and guests for again making this event a great success!
This year’s event raised $270,000 to benefit the expansion of our addiction treatment services.
For 65 years, Rosary Hall has been a beacon of hope to those who suffer from addiction. We live today in the midst of a public health crisis with opioids and the devastation they are wreaking on our community. We have the history and expertise to care for those who are in recovery. Most importantly, we have the heart for it.
Our 2017 event also honored the following caregivers and community partners:
St. Vincent de Paul Award: Bill Denihan, retired CEO of the ADAMHS Board
Doctor of the Year: Albana Dreshaj, D.O., Medical Director, Psychiatric Emergency Department
Radiant Spirit Award: Cathy Kopinsky, Project Coordinator, Mission Outreach
Clinical Nursing Excellence Award: Cindy Amos, RN, Behavioral Health
Clinical Nursing Excellence Award: Mary Ann Naumann, RN, Spine and Orthopedic Institute
Thank you to our 2017 Sponsors
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- St. Vincent Saint Luke's Medical Staff
- Legacy Health Services
- CutisCare - Wound Center Management
- GMA Consultants
- Elizabeth P. Macintyre, MD and Joseph A. Sopko, MD
- Mansour Gavin
- David F. Perse, MD
- Sisters of Charity Foundation of Cleveland
- BDO USA LLP
- Cleveland State University
- Frantz Ward LLP
- Hyland Software
- James and Cathy Kavelec
- Kohrman, Jackson & Krantz LLP
- Ewald E. Kundtz III, MD
- Medic Management Group LLC
- Tim and Bridget O'Callahan
- Carla F. O'Day, MD
- Timothy and Donna Panzica
- PNC Bank
- RelMec Mechanical
- RPM International Inc.
- Sisters of Charity Health System
- Sisters of Charity of St. Augstine
- Tom and Susan Strauss
- Dr. and Mrs. Bernard N. Stulberg
For more information, please contact Emily Woods, associate director of development, at 216-875-4624.
CARITAS 2016 RECAP
Our 2016 event also honored caregivers and community partners:
- Lloyd Cook, MD – Physician of the Year
- Margaret W. Wong, Esq. – St. Vincent de Paul Award Recipient and SVCMC Board Member
- Mary Martin, RN – Clinical Nursing Excellence Award
- Eugene Jordan – Radiant Spirit Award
With close to 500 people in attendance, this event gave us the opportunity to highlight and educate friends, donors and the community on who we are and what our mission is all about.
Congratulations to all of our Caritas Award winners. May all of us be inspired by their lives and the compassionate care they help us deliver each and every day. Visit our YouTube channel to watch all of the award winner videos.
St. Vincent de Paul Award
Lloyd Cook, MD
Physician of the Year
Mary Martin, RN
Clinical Nursing Excellence Award
Radiant Spirit Award