To gain an appreciation of private practice in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery.
To provide the podiatric surgical resident with:
- Experience in the evaluation and treatment of common foot and ankle ailments and deformities.
- Experience in the preoperative evaluation and assessment and postoperative care of patients undergoing foot and ankle surgery.
- An appreciation of the complexity of the management of a private practice.
- Opportunity to observe and participate in the management of patients in a private practice setting or managed health care setting.
- The residents are encouraged to periodically present interesting cases seen during this rotation at the Tuesday radiology conference. All x-rays borrowed ar to be returned in a timely manner.
- It is the responsibility of the resident to contact the physician to confirm the date and time. In addition, the resident must be sure all other duties and responsibilities are completed.
- It is the responsibility of the resident to contact the physician to confirm affiliation agreements are on file and signed in the podiatric office.