- To enhance the knowledge and skills of the podiatric resident in the management and assessment of pre-operative patients in the office setting.
- To enhance the knowledge and skills of the podiatric resident in the post-operative care of a podiatric surgical patient.
- To prepare the podiatric resident to work in private practice setting managing patients.
Upon completion of the (experienced) rotation, the podiatric resident should be able to:
- Assess which patients are candidates for podiatric surgery.
- Handle postoperative patients including complications.
- Develop communicative skills with patients.
- Learn office-scheduling techniques.
- Understand various bookkeeping systems and computer functions in the private office.
- Understand the duties of the various types of office support personnel.
- Appreciate the various types of office settings, i.e., hospital based, office building, medical building, etc. and the daily operations within the private office setting.
- Learn various types of marketing plans for the private office.
- Handle office emergencies effectively.
- The second year resident shall spend (2) eight half days in the private offices of (4) podiatric physicians. Additional days can be scheduled through the Director of Podiatric Resident Training or his designee.
- The resident shall shadow the podiatric physician in the office as well as hospital rounds.
- The resident will observe and understand scheduling techniques, billing processes, collection policies in the private office setting.
- Discuss with the podiatric physician his/her concept and methodology of podiatric marketing.
June 28, 2018
Despite the fact that heat-related deaths and illness are preventable, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that more than 600 people in the United States die by extreme heat ...continue readingRead More
April 17, 2018
In celebration of the national observance of Doctors’ Day, two St. Vincent Charity medical residents visited the Bingham Early Learning Center. Dr. Randol Kennedy and Dr. Emre Bucak did show-and-tell and dress-up with the preschool children. They als ...continue readingRead More