Conditions & Treatments
We are pleased to offer some education on common conditions we see here at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center.
Please remember, if you are in distress, please visit your nearest Emergency Department. This is for informational purposes and is in no way a substitute for medical advice.
COMMON MEDICAL CONDITIONS
All links are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Coumadin/Warfarin and Vitamin K
- Diverticular Disease
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- MRSA (Staph)
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Urinary Tract Infection
INTERACTIVE EDUCATIONAL TOOLS
- American Heart Association Walking Path App
- Calculate your Body Mass Index
- Diabetes—Are You at Risk?
- Grocery List Builder
- My Fats Translator
- Shop for Insurance at the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Stroke Warning Signs Quiz
- Healthy Recipes from the American Heart Association
- Know your Numbers
- Planning Meals
- Reading Food Nutrition Labels
PATIENT EDUCATION FROM THE SPINE AND ORTHOPEDIC INSTITUTE
September 17, 2018
Ragweed pollen, which causes hay fever, usually hits peak levels in mid-September, but temperature changes and rain over the past several weeks have led to record high daily pollen counts with no end in sight. Dr. Keyvan Ravakhah, internal medicine s ...continue readingRead More