Graduate Medical Education
St. Vincent Charity Medical Center offers residency programs in the following areas:
St. Vincent Charity Medical Center is a teaching hospital, which focuses on providing a new generation of healthcare providers with an excellent medical education and a shared passion for meeting the healthcare needs of all members of the community. The level of excellence of our residency programs is demonstrated by a Board passage rate of 100% over the past four years in the Internal Medicine Residency Program.
St. Vincent Charity Medical Center is the sponsoring institution and principle clinical site for Graduate Medical Education Programs. The primary function of the Department of Graduate Medical Education is to ensure that the training programs meet and exceed the institutional and program requirements set for the by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME), American Dental Association (ADA), and the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). The Department of Graduate Medical Education has the authority and responsibility for the educational quality, oversight and administration of all the GME training programs. Our objective is to facilitate the ethical, professional and personal development of residents, while ensuring safe and appropriate care for patients.
In addition to providing support to the Graduate Medical Education Coordinating Committee, the staff of the GME Department is responsible for providing quality service to all applicants, trainees, and program directors while striving to encompass the mission, vision and values of St. Vincent Charity Medical Center.
The key responsibilities of the Department of Graduate Medical Education are:
- Human Resources: Recruitment, Payroll, Benefits, Employment Verification, Visa Acquisition and other HR-related functions
- Customer Service: The department is a resource for internal and external inquiries with regard to Graduate Medical Education
- Administration: Management and observation of program accreditation, education commission for foreign medical graduates, affiliation agreements and all institutional policies affecting GME programs
- Beverly Lozar, Designated Institutional Official
- Nichole Allen-Banks, Administrator
- Linda Ulaszewski, Coordinator